MORAL SENTIMENTS: ADAM SMITH and the HIDDEN HAND

 by Bel Suave

Moral Sentiments - part one - The Myth of Capital

    “In treating of political economy, the science which professes
    to display and to teach means of increasing the wealth of a
    state, it would seem that the first and most anxious object of
    inquiry ought to have been, what wealth is, and from what
    sources mankind derive it ; for it appears impossible to discuss
    with precision the means of increasing anything, without an
    accurate notion of its nature and of its origin,” Earl of Lauderdale
    [An Inquiry into the Nature and Origin of Public Wealth,1804 2nd ed., pp. 112-113.]

    Readers Note: It had been my intention to release this segment - part one - simultaneously with its companion pieces -parts two and three - as they have been written to complement each others interlocking presentation. Part three, however, having taken much longer in the editing than expected, has held me back from that initial intent... giving cause to put this segment out whilst completing that process, and in hopes that the reader will have the chance to digest it fully during the necessary delay. I have also come to realize during this editing process that the three part series will in fact require a follow up piece in order to incorporate the intended overview of "Islamic Finance" and the potential applications thereof - which proved impossible to work into the Myth of Capital series. I hope to start work on that very soon.

    When one sets out to answer the question “what is capital,” and then, further to it, “what is capitalism,” the enquirer is quickly and inevitably confronted with the name “Adam Smith.” No other writer, except perhaps for his supposed antithesis, Karl Marx, is invoked so regularly as being of such seminal import to the study of those two terms, as the Scotsman who held forth in the later part of the C18th on the subjects of land, labor, capital, and the generation of wealth from the employment of their production in trade.
    smithmarx.jpg
    smithmarx.jpg
    Dropbox

    In the introduction/preamble to this series the place these two words –capital & capitalism– occupy in the occidental mindset was identified as being that of a mythology reified into a moral principle, defended and justified by supposed ‘natural laws’ revealed through the application of ‘reason’ and ‘science’ to the study of mankind’s economic life. This veneer of theoretical reasoning which the newly created discipline of political economy conveniently provided the C19th occidental zeitgeist made the creation and accumulation of capital a stand in for the production and distribution of wealth – the latter being something which all functional societies require to maintain balance and cohesion. This subtle yet fundamental alteration of the driving force of society and its institutions has occurred via money; what was once a neutral device designed to facilitate trade & transaction between peoples became somehow the object of trade itself. In the process, great confusion over the meaning of capital – what it really is, and how it is best employed – has been purposely spread.

    Adam Smith’s legacy as the originator of what would become ‘free market economics’ is as much a myth as any other part of the fabricated historical production with which the occidental world has clothed it’s period of ascendancy over global civilization. Only now, at the time when that period is into the last stages of its waning does it even prove possible to investigate and define the many strands of this cloak of deceit for exactly what it is – a suite of myths which have rendered our understanding of the past, and our ability to navigate the present and future, void of clarity. Much in contrast to the overriding theme of “Era of the Enlightenment” which infused Smith’s pronouncements on ‘human nature,’ the imagined ‘progress’ of history has brought neither greater freedom to mankind, nor greater nobility of spirit, or even, it would increasingly seem, any greater sense of meaning or pleasure in the living of our lives. In fact, it is the core argument of these pages that far from being era of advancement & “reason” the ‘modern age,’ looking back, will be seen as an interregnum characterized by irrational pursuits and a devolution of our self understanding… brought about by a concerted effort on the part of parties who interests are inimical to our survival and well-being.

    While mythologies have their place & purpose in our lives - to give meaning to and collective recognition of otherwise disconnected individual human experience… this reification of capital into something supposedly above, beyond, and superior to the mythological, bears all the telltale signs of an effort to hide truth rather than to reveal it! It’s now time to take a look at the means by which this magic show was brought off, and the persons who were responsible for its production. By so doing, we will be able to regard figures like Smith, Marx, and the rest of the cast in this shadow-puppet theatre in a far different – and more accurate – light than that which they have been previously seen by.

    Though famous for his treatise “The Wealth of Nations,” Smith much earlier (1759)authored a book from which I draw the title for this segment – “Moral Sentiments.” In it he addresses the ‘sacred,’ which he posited to be a quality based upon the recognition of and adherence to “general rules” of human conduct. Doubtless a reflection of his age – that of ‘Reason’- Smith’s definition of the sacred is humanistic. Though still playing lip service to the idea of God, the theistic principle is removed from active relationship to the world of mankind. Smith’s most famous book is best known for the invention it contains regarding the manner in which the selfish pursuits of man make for a cosmic balance and social equilibrium via the mysterious activity of markets… what he called the ‘hidden hand.’ Via this Deus ex machine any trace of reverence for or even reference to the sublime, the higher realms of spiritual life, or a “Supreme Being” became redundant; the affairs of men were governed and determined by their economic concerns alone. Thus, the transition from the pre-scientific age of gods and mythological forces was completed by means of reasoning which, rather than negate “Higher Powers” per se, would simply leave them out of the equation. When a ‘moral philosopher’ known for espousing supposedly ‘Christian’ values of morality becomes the spokesperson of a cause seeking to advance a system that neutralizes moral principles it behooves us to look at how and why this paradoxical inversion comes about.

    The time in which Smith was writing his books was one in between the two “revolutions” – England’s and then France – best known for their elements of regicide, and the spilling of much blood in the name of ‘liberty.’ In their aftermath, when Kings had effectively ceded their powers to ‘civilian’ governments, many new doctrines were being articulated, on the Continent and in the Americas’, centering on slogans such us justice, equality, and liberty for all. While commendable in theory, the background from which they sprung was that of a milieu of societies, mystical systems and magical traditions imported from the East, and a rapid transfer of wealth and influence out of the hands of the formerly dominant landed classes to newly arisen commercial and industrial interests eager to see governments responsive to their desires.

    Thus, while “liberty, equality, and the pursuit of happiness” were the public face of this period of transition, the covert goal of the parties who funded and encouraged such sloganeering was one far different from the realization of those values. As we have been taught to take at face value the storyline which best conceals the covert currents of history, we neither look for nor are offered evaluations of that period which could help us understand what was really going on. As Peter Spufford puts it, in the introduction to his classic study Money and its Use in Medieval Europe, “Since historians have generally found the pursuit of happiness hard to analyse and chronicle, they have concentrated rather on the other two principal preoccupations of the human race, the pursuits of power and of wealth.” Smith was amongst the first of those to attempt to solve the ‘problem’ of happiness by simply conflating its presence in our lives with the pursuit of wealth, and ignoring the activity of those in pursuit of influence.

    Spuffords pithy analysis of the manner in which historians have deliberately truncated the study of ‘human nature’ needs be amended in one way; while pursuit of wealth & power have indeed been the focus of orthodox history, the view of power relations used to conduct such study has been too restrictive to make sense of what has guided the motives of some of the major actors in that history. The purpose of our small study here is to release the subject from that restricted gaze, in order to lay bare a fuller understanding of key terms commonly used in political economy… alienation… exploitation…oppression… etc. Inclusion of the full gamut of our human experience – not just the material, but the spiritual dimension of that experience – is a vital component of any ‘political economy’ because for millennia power relations have been defined not just by what occurred in the purely economic aspects of our lives, but also in the more hidden, psychic aspects, where theft, expropriation, manipulation and enslavement have all been going on parallel to the material planes on which those same themes have been played out.

    It’s no accident then, that the recurrence of popular interest in vampirism, for example, arrives at the same point in time where industrialization and financialization of societies creates high levels of oppressive disparity… these physical manifestations of exploitative power relations tend to mimic what takes place on the psychic level of existence…. as overt expressions of a covert process by which energy … the root factor in all aspects of our lives… is stolen and/or misused by actors with the power to exert control over others. Much of organized religion is a screen onto which these covert power dynamics are played, but in a distorted manner, so as to confuse us as to who and what are really operating the levers of power. The precis of this essay is that the overt exercise of power which capitalism in action represents is – contrary to its advertised message – an occultic manifestation of yet another religion competing for power and influence via the actions of its adherents on the stage of history. The identity of these actors, and the nature of their ‘religion’ will not be a part of the discussion – for now - that must be put aside for another time. What matters of the moment is to disclose the presence of their hidden hand and the motivations for the work which capitalism as a system advances.

    FAKELORE

    Since some of the drives most basic to the character of human beings are, as Spufford points out,‘hard to analyse’… it’s easy to see that ‘analysts’ of human nature have simply chosen to excise significant portions of their chosen subject in favor of excusing the inabilities of their chosen techniques of analysis to fully examine the nature of the subject. Ergo, the ‘social sciences,’ which pretend to measure quantitative data in a way that can explain our subjective wishes and define our qualitative lives. That is the stuff of mythology… not science. With Adam Smith and those who would follow in his footsteps, we enter the Era of Fakelore.

    Richard Dawson was an American scholar of the mid C20th, whose work centered upon the study of how cultural tradition became transcribed into what we call ‘folklore,’ often in the process becoming almost completely altered from its original context and meaning. It was he who invented the term fakelore, in an article written in 1949. He much later defined that term as ‘the misapplication of sentimentalized and prettified tales and songs for commercial advantage.’ It was in such spirit of inquiry that he looked into the myth of Paul Bunyan, a storied American icon, writing “Paul Bunyan in the News” for the magazine WESTERN FOLKLORE in 1956.

    What stands out in the mythification of Lumberjack Paul Bunyan affords us a glimpse into the wider application of modern mythmaking – as practiced by an army of ‘hidden hands’ - at work to make culture a province of commerce, and tradition a victim of capitalist revisionism. The transformation of the original character as created in the smoky log barracks of Midwestern loggers – a trickster figure who often defrauded his mates and made impossible claims - into an iconic strong man and hero of working class, is a study in how the world of our ancestors has been changed to best suit the interests of those who regard everything in the public domain… common natural resources, common culture, common values, as a potential source of profit… to be privatized wherever possible. Anthropologist Daniel Hoffman followed up on Dawson’s original study, and in making a thorough review of all the literature, concluded that Paul Bunyan had come to represent a political and economic philosophy, in fact “turned into the mouthpiece of a special pleading economic group.”

    What Smith and other conscious inventors of the Myth of Capital were up to then bears a remarkable resemblance to how Hoffman would come to define the term fakelore - “The manipulation of the mind through the use of traditional symbols.” There is indeed no better term than fakelore to succinctly describe the manner in which ‘capitalists’ have hired writers and thinkers to advance their project of ‘capitalism’ by creating phony science out of human tradition. History, economics, sociology, and the rest of the social sciences are all the fields of endeavor for this work of counterfeiting, and the academics who labor in each of them are the witting or unwitting accomplices of those who would hide our own culture from us in order to effectively achieve what Marx would describe as his real goal - "If you can cut people off from their history, they can be easily persuaded." Sadly, few understand that in seeking to achieve that dubious end, Marx was working on behalf of those capitalistic forces which we have been trained to believe were his enemies… instead of his bankrollers. Such is the depth of success which the longstanding program of fakelore has enjoyed! Taking traditional values common to our culture – the virtues of hard work, independence, and free trading between people in a setting of markets – and transforming them into an ideology which overtly celebrates them whilst covertly inverting them was the essence of this transformation. Along the way, our real capital would become conflated with ‘money,’ and sequestered into a system which was designed to manipulate that symbolic item into the hands of a chosen few.

    From the ‘humanism’ of Smith to Darwin to nihilism of Marx and Nietzsche is a straight line -– via the theorizing done by each and every one of the ‘social sciences’ developed in order to pursue this process of myth making we are continuously taught to believe in ‘stages’ of development… in species, societies, and economies. The same theorizing -posed as revelations of pure science - also served to disconnect our particular species from any spiritual meaning or purpose – confronting us in its place with a mechanistic and meaningless universe which would become the prevalent paradigm of the ‘modern age’ … an age in which mankind would be expected to confront and solve every challenge without the aid of any agency outside its own powers. So bound up in the mythology of capital and capitalism is this doctrine of progress that it is impossible to review the myths built around the one without equally regarding those surrounding the other. Only by many torturous reasonings do these imagined levels of ‘progress’ even begin to seem plausible, when considered objectively. But such is the weight of effort applied to bring about their acceptance and inculcation that they have become the prevalent storyline wherever ‘capitalism’ is the dominant system.

    THE MYTH OF PROGRESS

    To question the myth of ‘progress’ is in fact to challenge the entire supposition upon which our chosen subjects are raised up and justified as the ultimate outgrowth of mankind’s advance – and since that is exactly the purpose for which this series has been created - reprise of certain more ancient historical periods will form a parallel précis to that of this story. Part Three, MIXED SENTIMENTS constructs a timeline and a viewpoint without need for or belief in either the myths of capital or a myth of progress. To complement that major deviation from the occidental worldview, the second in this trio of offerings –MARKET SENTIMENTS – THE RISE OF VOODOO SCIENCE – examines the work of thinkers whose writings challenged & competed with the storyline of ‘capitalism’ before it’s complete victory - in a study of suppressed and forgotten history. In previous stories here, such as Musings, way that the forces of finance forged their advances via the subsumation of art and artists to their program has been sketched out. The story of Carl Kellner demonstrated the convergence of industry, science and the occult in the clearest fashion. In Market Sentiments we will surely pay some attention to how the fakelore of representative government and ‘democracy’ were created out of a similar subjugation of the politico-judicial caste to its will, in the aftermath of Adam Smith’s era of transition.

    It makes some sense, then, to take Adam Smith as waypoint from which to measure the timeline of the ‘myth of capital’ as a disguised deification of the occultic in place of other, deposed “Higher Powers.” Going forwards from his point in time, we see the quickening pace of the program by which we get to the present moment… where everything ‘real’ –about ‘markets,’ ‘money,’ ‘democracy,’ or even ourselves – has been abstracted into a sorry swamp of ‘derivative’ values. As Christopher Cole puts it: “While it may be natural to conclude that the real economy is slave to the shadow banking system this is not a correct interpretation ... the higher concept is that our economy 'is' the shadow banking system… the Empire is gone and we are living ignorantly within the abstraction… Modern financial markets are a game of impossible objects. In a world where global central banks manipulate the cost of risk the mechanics of price discovery have disengaged from reality resulting in paradoxical expressions of value that should not exist according to efficient market theory. Fear and safety are now interchangeable in a speculative and high stakes game.( Volatility of an Impossible Object- Artemis Capital Management Report - 2012)”

    The careful reader will have already noticed that this trend towards greater and greater abstraction – as embodied and emblemized in the preponderance of financial devices which trade without any actual concrete presence in the world outside of numbers – runs completely parallel yet counter to the supposedly rational basis of the modern world’s conquest of our material universe… via it’s tool of scientific enquiry! Even as we retreat from material reality into the virtual world of machined existence, we are inculcated with the notion that we are in greater touch with the ‘thingness of things’ via our technological supremacy. It was Baudrillard who pointed out that perhaps the greatest victory of fakelore has been to dress the technology of information in the cloth of ‘communication’ – “all contents of meaning are absorbed in the only dominant form of the medium. Only the medium can make an event – whatever the contents, whether they are conformist or subversive. A serious problem for all counterinformation, pirate radios, antimedia, etc.” ….“Thus the media are producers not of socialization, but of exactly the opposite, of the implosion of the social in the masses. And this is only the macroscopic extension of the implosion of meaning at the microscopic level of the sign.” pg 56 Simulacra and Simulation

    This is in fact no accident – rather, it’s a reflection of our zeitgeist as a ‘modern’ world, in which things are upsides down, backwards, and in serious contradiction… but no one pays any heed to the dissonance so created… it is incumbent upon one’s participation in that world to carry on in silent acquiescence to an open conspiracy to remove the real from reality…. symbolizing what was once culture with the signs of culture… symbolizing what was once production of goods and services with the signs of goods and services. While this occurs on multiple levels of our existence, since our focus is on the economic one here, it is there where we will look deeper into the long term project which Adam Smith’s work formed a key part of.

    If we return to the subject of this mythification of capital with Hoffman’s definition in mind - “The manipulation of the mind through the use of traditional symbols,” we get a clearer picture of the process of fakeloric substitution by which capital gradually changes in meaning and in substance…. the important aspects of our lives which anchor us to reality seem to stay the same…yet they have left us, replaced by their symbols, like a made in China polyester Christmas tree. It is this transition from cultural to fakeloric which catches the attention of the enquirer into the nature and purpose of “capital.” In the classical schools of economic thought that would come to treat Adam Smith as an iconic figure, capital is regarded as being, alongside land and labor, the principal ‘factor of production’ by which humans achieve both wealth and a purposeful existence. Under this scheme of things, common to all modern theorists on the subject, whether “left” or “right,” everything outside of those three qualities would become an “intangible”- conveniently remote therefore, to what needs be studied in order to grasp the nature of man’s motivations and drives. As such, Smith’s actual legacy is that of a bridge from the world of the ancients, whose constant pre-occupation with discovering the “divine laws” by which man’s conduct was governed – as given forth by the ‘Higher Powers’ – to the world of the desacralized “modernity,” in which the laws of “science” impose themselves onto our lives as general rules just as unquestionable as those of the “Supreme Deity” were to men of pre-modernity.

    Quite correctly then, Smith’s name is commonly counter-posed with that of Marx, because through his transposition of the rules of conduct from the sacred performance of duties pleasing to “God” to those imposed by the ‘hidden hand’ of market forces this professed Christian theologian and Deist of the C18th becomes the link to the professed Satanist and chief theoretician of the Hegelian“Dialectical Materialism” of the C19th. Creating new “laws” governing our ‘economic’ lives would become therefore the work a new priestly caste – who raised themselves up under the banner of “science” to be disciples of an academic religion in no way different than religions of the past… funded, indeed, in their pursuit of theoretical ‘laws’ by the same shadowy financial power which had worked their magic of debt usury from within the temples of past times!

    The work done by Jennifer Lake in her Temples of Science series does much to connect the puzzle pieces by which this conversion of religion takes place, outlining how personalities common to both banking and finance show up in the project of militarizing physics, medicine, and finance itself, making of them all potential weapons of mass destruction. But further dot connecting is still needed in underlining the irrational, religious, and metaphysical doctrines underpinning all these supposed manifestations of rational technological discovery.

    LABORARE EST ORARE

    Of course Smith was not alone in this project to redirect social values in a manner favorable to the interests of the commercial classes – a small but emerging part of European society which had designs of its own upon the power and privilege of the landed gentry. He was but part of a continuum of thinkers which from John Locke through to Hume, and then the Scottish Enlightenment circle of which he himself was a member, whose emphasis would be upon the connections between individual liberty, private property and the sanctity of both work and saving. It was the project of creating a moral justification for the emergence of a market-directed society that ties these persons together. In his insightful Psychocultural Background of Adam Smith’s Theory of Value Walter Weisskopf drew together these strands of thought to show how the progression from Thomas Aquinas apologia for debt/interest/usury to the Protestant revolution of Calvin and Luther would create the conditions whereby those C17th and C18th philosophers would gradually shift the meaning of work from being “for God’s glory,” to the sanctified pursuit of gain… whereby labor creates value, and needs be rewarded via accumulation of profits… the pursuit of which, becomes, via Smith, the natural inclination of mankind.

    The beginnings of this new religion of scientific humanism… mere Luciferian Baal worship of the Golden Calf dressed in new clothing…emerge in the C16th European quest for the alchemical ‘Philopsophers Stone.’ The transfer of Francis Bacon’s vision of Novum Organum to the “new world” colonies had brought about the conditions for a “New Atlantis” in which to manifest all these ancient fantasies of power generated a new intensity of conviction that – via the generation of “capital” in the alchemist’s forge, the rightful heirs of Babylonian and Egyptian magical tradition could slip themselves into place as the rulers of society.

    They formed ‘secret societies,’ poured over the records of Hermetic and Kabbalistic tracts in search of the keys to invoking dark forces, all the while advocating strenuously for a new, materialistic or "humanist" science that denied the existence of the soul. Most of them were either hacks, as the case of Isaac Newton shows, or mere necromancers, such as John Dee… communicating with spirits while forming fanciful notions of the physical universe. But such was the power of the already emerging social medias of that age, and the opinion-makers that already shaped societies thoughts, that these dubious characters were made into legendary pioneers of our scientific society of modern times. Hiding the true meaning and goals of their cabal behind a smokescreen of technological advancement which supposedly would bring better times for all of mankind in its wake, these pathetic yet dangerous dupes would emerge, with the backing of the traditional money power, as arbitrators of our future… and desecrators of our birthrights.

    In a universe formed of dead matter in which substance in the form of solid spheres raced about without aim or significance, and physical death marked the end of all experience, it was easy for these financial powers to go about their business of gaining control of the public and private economies both. In a world stripped of spiritual meaning, the pursuits of science would mingle and cojoin with the pursuits of profit, until, in our modern age, they would become one and the same, in the interlocking directors dictatorship of military-industrial-agro-pharmaceutical corporo-fascism we deem to politely call ‘western democracy,’ and regard as the pinnacle of human achievement!

    For most readers, it will be something of a stretch to imagine that Smith, Ricardo, and the others of the “classical” school of economics share with Marx and the socialists a continuum of purpose – building the myth“capitalism” - which ultimately manifests in a system which swallows all opposites in its neverending quest to monopolize both wealth and the human imagination. But behind the veil of illusion which complicit academia and media hirelings have placed over our history, that is exactly what the evidence points to!

    Thanks to the efforts of scholars like Carl Wennerlind, we can trace the mechanics of this conjunction of science, philosophy, magic, and monopoly finance capitals from the beginnings of the modern era. In his book Casualities of Credit Wennerlind outlines the exact names and personalities of this financial revolution– and how their disparate interests are brought together via the quest to increase the supply of currency – golden visions of credit based money creation gradually replacing the failed quest of the alchemist to create wealth out of dross material:
    “the same social reformers who had pursued alchemical transmutations switched their attention to the promotion of a generally circulating credit currency, authoring some of the first proposals for such a currency. The similarity between alchemy and credit was far from lost on them, with one person suggesting that a well-functioning bank is: Capable ‘of multiplying the stock of the Nation, for as much as concernes trading in Infinitum: In breife, it is the Elixir or Philosophers Stone.’”

    Under the smokescreen of political revolutions like that of C17th England then, these financial revolutions would transform all of Europe from god-fearing Kingdoms into satrapies of a money power driven by the same worship of dark forces which it’s antecedents in antiquity had followed. All that changes via Smith and the latter day apologists of his tradition is that this process of embezzlement is given moral justification and a veneer of social beneficence with which to disguise the malevolent reality. In contrast to the orthodox storyline of our invented and fakeloric history, the true story of the “Age of Enlightenment” involves a cast of characters like “Sir Charles” Dashwood, one of the founders of the Hellfire Club, infamous for its satanic masses and pedophilic child abuse and sacrifice, who was both England’s financial czar as Chancellor of the Exchequer and a friend of a similarly-minded occultist, Ben Franklin, - part of a community of interest which would seek to impose similar occultic values over the “new world” of the Americas.

    In part Two, MARKET SENTIMENTS – THE RISE OF VOODOO SCIENCE the creation of a phony opposition to the sequestration of social wealth will be examined, as the next major stage of development in this duplicitous campaign. The banker-funded “communist” revolutions and railroad-funded American universities will come into view as tools by which to eliminate the real opponents of the cabal, and to indoctrinate subsequent generations in the new foundation-approved “general education” designed specifically to terminate free-thinking and the empirical investigation of our world.

    Marx saw the stratification of society into continuously warring labor versus capital as a useful tool in the mobilization of the ‘working classes’ into a force which would overthrow society. His goal was the destruction of the western culture, not emancipation of the poor and oppressed. This comes through clearly in his own writings, prior to his being chosen by Moses Hess to lead a culture war against “Christendom.” In these writings, he avows his allegiance to the satanic, to destruction as a value in itself, and seeks vengeance upon “God.” For all those reasons, he was a perfect foil for those social forces which sought to turn back the challenge to their burgeoning power and wealth. On the continent, this challenge came via the writings of Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, in the Americas, from those of Henry George. Both saw the rent-seeking sequestration of land and capital by those whose wealth was ‘unearned’ by their labor as the basis of social disharmony and economic disparity. By zeroing in on this inherent contradiction to the ‘labor theory of value’ above described – purposely overlooked and avoided by the rest of the economic writers, Proudhon and George were the greatest threats to the moneypower in the C19th, much more than those supposedly antithetical forces of ‘socialism’ and ‘communism.’ This shows itself as true by the manner in which the hired guns of the voodoo science responded.

    Via the bogus theorizing of ‘the dismal science,’ we have been tricked into believing that economic matters stand separate from, and even superior to those of culture …a deceit which has had the ironic effect of dampening both‘free enterprise,’ and the pursuit of happiness - which is an unquantifiable urge that impels human beings and therefore outside the conception and control of such shallow materialist reasonings. As history proves out, what the bankrollers of the new voodoo science of economics really sought was to have a free hand in moving the capital acquired by monopolistic device(such as the East India Company, for instance)into land… by means of which they could become rentiers who profited from the interest thereof… completely without effort- eg. ‘labor’ of any kind! So completely has the paradigm of debt/interest/usury ‘capitalism’ been allowed to infect and deform societies the world over, such that those who labor least are granted the greatest reward. It should go without saying this a complete inversion of the supposed formula penned by Smith, in which work was supposed to grant the moral grounds for the privilege of endless accumulation of wealth.

    AGENTS OF CHANGE

    Seen from this viewpoint, the role of Adam Smith in the grand scheme of things… one which imagines there to be more ‘chance’ in the development of these interlocking theories and social philosophies which spring out of the European “Enlightenment”… is that of an agent of social change – every bit as much as the one credited to the Jacobin elements stirring up the fires of revolution in France, or the more occultic but equally driven English gentry with their “Hellfire Club,” Masonic secret societies, and kabbalistic Rosicrucian mysticisms. Via the ‘false front’ façade of ‘reason’ and ‘science’ enablers such as Smith pave the way for conquest by completely ‘irrational’ and ‘magical’ currents of the mainstream of European culture, which will drive the course of western… and therefore, global… civilization increasingly towards the rocks of its doom. Whereas, in 1760, it is still necessary in beginning the activation of these currents to appeal to “moral sentiments,” in the aftermath of the bloody revolutionary putsch in France it becomes more and more possible to drop the mask of morality, and with the work of Bentham and other more utilitarian minds, proceed towards the unveiling of the new era of self-created Nietzschean superman supplanting all forms of Deity and morality.

    As the story of Karl Marx himself bears out, the coup of the “Age of Enlightenment” was not against religion per se– rather it was it was the removal of one form of religious sentiment(the Abrahamic one)and its replacement by another(the Satanic, or “Luciferian one). Behind the smokescreen of supposedly secular-driven modern values of humanism was an archaic, magic-based system of worship, entirely anti-human in essence, being placed so gradually over the ruins of the ‘god-fearing’ nations of the occident as to be entirely invisible to its intended victims. Even the advent of the inverted morality of Aleister Crowley in the early C20th failed to provoke much notice, let alone protest – paving the path for the ultimate and overt predation and degradation of Aquino, Dutrux, and the mind-controlling child rapists subsidized and supported by the secret security organs of all the major western powers by the later part of that same century.

    The role of ‘moral philosophers’ such as Adam Smith in this occultic campaign has never been properly considered. This story may go some small way towards correcting the record, whilst ripping off the mask of ‘rationalistic science’ which covers over the true face of our occultic and irrational modern age, with its necromantic symbols and sigils by which the world has been hypnotized into a compliant acceptance. As another famous “moral philosopher” said long, long ago, "Signs and symbols control the world, not phrases and laws," Confucius (551-479 BC).

    Marx And Satan : Richard Wurmbrand : Free Download & Streaming ...
    Nov 16, 2012 ... This is an interesting book. For all aspiring political students, no matter your background...Christians should read it to learn more about both ...
    archive.org
    the-complete-truth.blogspot.com
    ·
    3 years ago
    Karl Marx - the hidden helper of the 'hidden hand' - signs & symbols of capitalism in action!