Physis and Techne - Resolution of False Dichotomies

The "PHAISTOS STONE" - symbol of advanced Minoan civilization, or C20th forgery?

This draft, which apparently got 'left behind' in the general pandemonium of my retreat from the madness of the TERROR STATE which enveloped Anatolia in the summer of 2016, sprung back into my consciousness in another happy bit of synchronicity - just in time to fit together with the new Tengri series. It's a nice tie in to the theme which that newer writings enunciate- the resolution of the false opposites which have beleaguered humanity for far to long! It also works well in anchoring us geographically to the starting point of our latest expedition eastwards ho - as the general area of the region described as the Mediterreno-Anatolian is where so much of the mischief has arisen from. Let's see, at any rate, if the joint publication of the two stories - Return to Khan Tengri, and this one - can help complete the thinking which went into the Anaximander series long time back - about the beginnings of what we call "European civilization." A joint effort to peel back the distortions of our history - from multiple directions!

Return to Khan Tengri - Part Two (with images) · SuaveBel
STORIFY·11 MONTHS AGO

As a "draft," the thing remains in unfinished state - there are a series of quotations from multiple sources at the end,which would simply take too much time and attention away from the current work to put in good order. However, those same quotations are an essential guide to where we are going – this was my first foray into tracking the connections between Semitic “fakelore” and the imposition of false histories upon Anatolia.The Greeks have a starring role in that imposition – but what begins to clarify in the course of this draft are the hitherto unknown influences of that same Semitic culture upon the Hellenic one – right from the beginnings of the latter!

Once we see the so-called “Hellenes” as stalking horse for the spread of Phoenician(Semitic)fake histories, a lot that was confusing beforehand becomes mighty clear! And with that new clarity to hand, it will be much easier to make our excursion eastwards – where the same forces of deceit and concealment lay in wait for other unsuspecting cultures.
I've been trying to get this piece in good enough shape to publish for the past day - but every attempt is met by a strange interruption to the connection... and I am able to see that there is a "second" editor logged in to this page. Which is kinda spooky - since is supposed to be just lil ol me who gets to log in here! Best we stop here and go with what we got - which is a companion piece to
The first thing I've done when coming back to it, is paste in this map of the eastern Mediterranean region, a map that is designed to show the shock waves which spread out from the Thera eruption, c1560 b.c., but that has some other potentially interesting applications as well. That explosion, many times more powerful than Krakatoa, signaled the beginning of the end of a world - of the Age of Bronze, of the sea-based civilizations of Crete and elsewhere in the Mediterreno-Anatolian region we are focused upon here.

The map does a great job of showing us what was an integrated - congruent - cultural space, occupied by peoples that no matter the various names of their deities, divisions of language or customs, etc., were all interconnected with each other to a degree which belies the false and misleading ethno/political/religious divisions imposed upon that region today. Most of those modern divisions are not the result of intrinsic difference between race, creed, or custom, but instead, the inventions of men for whom the maxim "divide and rule" has been the operative touchstone giving continuity to a mysterious program of centuries -if not millennia - duration.

Though the map was drawn to show the progression of tidal waves in the destructive aftermath of the Santorini Explosion, it could also be viewed as a visual presentation of the waves of cultural influence which flowed out from the island of Crete to the north, south, and east and west. But it should go without saying that the ebb and flow of cultural influences was a two way movement - the Anatolian origin of some Cretan DNA, the Egyptian artistic and philological contributions to the "Minoan" world, trade between Crete and the Canaanite & Assyrian zones. A fluid highway of ideas, techniques and trade which stretches farther back into antiquity than orthodox historiography credits. Because most renditions of Aegean Civilization give the impression that nothing much occurred of significance before the arrival of the Greeks of Mycenaean Era and the Homeric Epics, key elements to the real background to the cultural continuum of Anatolia, the Islands, and the Levant - elements essential for any real understanding of the present day politics of the region - continue to elude our grasp today. My aim here is to remove that disadvantage.
A year or so ago, before events necessitated me turning my attention back to present times, I had started down that road here. Kicking things off with the story "HAS EUROPE BEGUN IT'S FINAL DESCENT?" I had thought the time finally ripe to peel back the screen of mischievous lies by which Europe and the middle east both were being prepared for destruction. Bringing to light the cohesiveness and continuity of a culture long hidden to our gaze - the Mediterro-Anatolian civilization I've termed it - seemed to be the best way to break down the artificial barriers separating the two adjoining regions from perception of a danger common to both. That this mysterious - almost "missing"culture has had an impact on the middle east and upon Europe has long been clear to me. As has the fact that such impact does not get factored in to discussions about current geo-political events. The shared ethnicity of the people that region, the legacy of cultural -and cultic - practices which still flows like a deep current under the surface, the shared pantheon of deities - all contribute to the picture of a region divided more by superficial movement of the waves of political and religious factionalism than any deep-seated difference.

Now, at last, there are signs that the dam is breaking, and others are picking up the traces - to bring evidence of vital importance to our continued survival to light. This Swiss website -  http://luwianstudies.org/the-luwians/the-missing-link/ - and the recent book released associated with their work, appears to follow a direction parallel to my own, truncated effort to connect the "missing link" between the ancient polities of Anatolia and the Aegean Islands with the modern accidents of circumstance we continue to mistake for geopolitical "realities." This is exciting, not just in finding confirmation of my overall precis on this platform, but due to the possibilities that new attention upon poorly understood places may produce! As the authors point out, the Aegean borders of the great Anatolian land mass have been left strangely void of peoples, states, and significance in the orthodox telling of history - a blank space still waiting to be filled, long after we've learned so much about Hittites, Assyrians, Hellenes, and the old civilizations of the Levant.

While this might seem to most - at first glace - an oversight of mere academic import, I would argue that it actually may hold the key to understanding how we've reached this dangerous, perhaps terminal, stage of decline in the west and near eastern worlds. And that the gap in our knowledge is not accidental, but purposeful, in that it supports agendas which have produced and directed that same decline! So maybe, just maybe, this year we'll get to turn full attention to a story overdue be told...
Traveling from mainland Anatolia, through the islands, over to the Greek mainland, one sees the very same faces, physiques, and mannerisms everywhere - differing only in the language being used, and the religious and ethnic identity imposed top down from the competing State powers. The people themselves are of the same rootstock - from Konya to Corfu, and would do well to recognize this underlying unity of identity, before they are set against each other by elements seeking the destruction of both.
In the aftermath of the Ankara regime's replacement of the former Republic with a new, Mossad-directed Terror State, it is both timely and fitting to return to using the term ANATOLIA to describe the geographic area temporarily occupied by the political entity we called "TURKEY." As the forthcoming story "Acculturated Armenians" will detail, the genetic mix of the people living in that territory, today -just as in times past - is not predominately "Turkic." The antecedents of the majority of that population have been shown by DNA studies to be related to South European and middle eastern ethnicities, no matter the superficial cultural "Turkification" successively employed by regimes seeking to build up a racial mysticism the better to consolidate their control.

Separating fact from fictions in this crucial matter requires us to ditch not just the Turk's fantasies of ethno-religious homogeneity, but the same kind of mythologizing as has been done of the "Hellenes," and their southern, Semitic neighbors with their invented notions of "Israeli" identity. Only then can a clear picture emerge of the way that cultures and countries have emerged out of the blending of different rootstocks over long period of time. No matter from which direction they might have entered the Anatolian world, nor at what point in time, the archeological record is clear enough in showing both the interactions and the continuities of a wide variety of peoples, whose genetic and cultural descendants are still inhabiting the same areas today!

With all that in mind, we can return to the map at hand with an expanded vision of what that integrated culture zone of distant times might have meant to those who lived within it. A near constant flow of peoples and goods from the eastern and western edges of that map - on both southern and northern axes of movement gives the investigator a sense of how the diffusionist models of cultural adaptation long denounced by orthodox academia have proven more accurate over time than the hegemonist narratives of special interest groups or the deflections of their hired intellectuals. The "Hellenizing" of Anatolian cultural frameworks, just as with the "Semiticizing" of Hellenistic frameworks before it, was a process of obscuring the record of what had actually happened in that territory, to conceal the presence and legacies of the people who had lived there.

Given the advances in our knowledge of who those peoples were, and how they lived, thanks to archeological researches of recent times, we are in a position to untangle the record of the past, so that neither Turks, Greeks, or Khazar can pass off their distorted renditions of history. The Lukka peoples who lived contemporaneous to Nesite-Hittite states in what would later come to be known as "Lycia," can be understood now as progenitors of much of what would become appropriated by the later Ionian Greeks who colonized the coastal fringes of Anatolia. The Carians, Lycians, and Lydians, who evolved out of the cultural milieu of the "Lukka Lands" and "Mira,"were deeply involved with Crete and the islands not just as trade partners, or colonies, but as part of a common cultural and ethnic continuum as proven now by pottery and other findings. The centers along that coast like would become the centers of that same explosion of creativity which powered the greatest epoch of "Greek" culture - as it has been marketed - but was it really "Greek," or the expression of an indigenous Anatolian civilization enlivened by cross-pollination with the island cultures of the Aegean and the trading cities of the Levant?
The question is no idle one - on it bears the decision of where to place the protagonists of the earlier stories here like

Back to Beginnings- Anaximander and the roots of The Western Tradition (with image) · SuaveBel
STORIFY·2 YEARS AGO

in the bigger picture of the past which is under restoration here. No longer appropriated by an Athenian narrative representing them exclusively in Hellenistic context, Thales, Anaximander, and the rest of the "Pre-Socratics" take their proper place in the pantheon of MEDITERRO-ANATOLIAN figures whose contributions to science and philosophy laid the groundwork and shone a lamp for all those famous "Greeks" who would later make out Hellenism to be the fount of all knowledge in those disciplines. When we ask how those earlier giants saw themselves in self identity, we are faced with a paucity of real facts to judge from - all that we know of them is delivered via Grecian interpreters whose agenda is mixed to say the least. Restorıng them to theır proper place ın a contınuum of Anatolıan culture, we can now return to investigating Anaximander as presented through Heideggers "Fragment" ... as a key stepping stone in revealing the real "birth of the west"... even if accomplished in only in the last moments of it's life!

Duncan MacKenzie, Arthur Evan's right hand man at the Knossos excavations, was a distinguished archaeologist in his own right - but he also had an inquiring mind and the ability to put forward novel ideas - which he did in several books which are not as well known today as they need be. "Mackenzie’s skill as Aegean scholar and field archaeologist allowed
him both to connect the Philistine pottery with Mycenaean Greece and the disruptihe eastern Mediterranean at the end of the Bronze Age, and to establish for the first time its true stratigraphical and chronological context." -from ( Canaanite Resistance: The Philistines and Beth-Shemesh)Frescoes produced by "Minoan" artists in "Canaanite" Kingdoms show us - on the southern axis of the culture zone we are restoring to light here - just how interpenetrated the land and sea-based kingdoms were by each other. That world was effectively ended by the explosions on Thera - but the (concealed)continuity of the peoples and culture which made it up becomes more and more evident over time, as the archeological record expands our understanding of what has been "buried" of our history.
One of the key elements of that still partially buried cultural continuum is that the "sky gods" still so much venerated today in the middle eastern lands were not as much a controlling motif of it's spiritual traditions. Indeed, perhaps the most remarkable part of the whole long phase of "Minoan" archeological discoveries has been the identification of "deity" figures and artifact evidence which point to a non-patriarchal system which held sway both there and on the Anatolian mainland for far longer than the "sky god" religions have held the spotlight since. And as I mentioned in the recent story

Word of Tree - Whisper of Stone. Invocations of Resistance from Archaic Anat-olia (with images) · SuaveBel

STORIFY·A YEAR AGO
some of the "goddess"-centered* cults which maintained primacy over the "sky-gods" for millennia in Anatolia -those of Cybele, Hecate, Anat, are receiving the first whisperings of reawakening in the platform of the Rojava Cantons - where the in platform of the Kurdish-Arab-Assyrian alliance reference is directly made to "the Goddess." What needs be done on these pages is join the obvious similarities in styles of veneration, kind of cultic worship sites, funeral ritual and resting place, with the bigger picture overview of how they link together into a unified cultural continuum that has existed both in the past - and will exist again in the near future! *the phrase goddess-centered gets put in quotation marks because I don't think that it necessarily reflects the nature of these female figures as seen by the people who worshiped them. As with the example of Kubaba given in another recent story here, these figures seem to have much more 'materiality' -being in and of this world - than the ethereal, otherworldly "divinities implied by the word goddess.

If the explosion on Santorini happened to bury that High Culture of the Bronze Age Aegean - metaphorically and sometimes literally - it also worked to preserve a visual record of it's splendors for us to rediscover millennia later; perhaps we can return to looking at the famous Anaximander Fragment, with fresh eyes, now opened to new interpretations of our past.
But that from which things arise also gives rise to
their passing away, according to what is necessary;
for things render justice and pay penalty to one
another, according to the ordinance of time.
For Anaximander and those of his times, that Bronze Age culture would have been a distant memory, perhaps passed on to some degree via oral tradition. But the evidence of it's existence would have been all around - if in ruins - and have served as reminder to those living just how ephemeral our place in time and space can be. Was the 'passing away' of that culture a "rendering of justice" for some crime or folly on the part of it's members? Do eschatological interpretations of historical events have any place in historiography', particularly in circumstances where members of the milieu around those events have eschatological interpretations of the world always to hand? Was "time," like Kronos, capable of laying down laws and detailing the time and manner of executing the punishments consequent to their violation? Did members of the society in which Thales or Anaximander live have a collective memory of such distant disasters as would account for that interpretation of the 'passing away' of Bronze Age Mediterranean/Anatolian culture?

Our questions, at first glance would appear to be of merely academic concern - an appearance that on deeper thought gives way to a realization of their significance in relations to the stories of current events that have appeared on this platform! For if anything needs be highlighted about the world view held by the parties most responsible for the turmoil, bloodshed, and fear that stalks the middle eastern lands, it would be the eschatological leanings embedded there. Stories such as

"Creative Destruction" - the Millenarianist Agenda - Exposed (with images) · SuaveBel
STORIFY·2 YEARS AGO
have indicated the manner in which the id
eologies of all the various factions supposedly opposing each other in the middle east - the Sionist, the Islamist, the "Christian-Zionism" of the neo-lib/neo-con, even portions of the Orthodox Russian factions or the Iranian Shia - all are united in the description of millenarianism I have identified as the marker of the modern madman... the psychotic personality driven by their hatred and fear of 'the other' to imagine a world rid of all save those identical to themselves! The prescription for such a terrifying and maniacal vision is always the same in essence - imposition, by means of the Terror State, of a furious "cleansing." A "blood sacrifice" type of cleansing by the STATE in it's theocratic function as Deity and Law Giver purges the society of the opposition to it's totalitarian mandate - h exactly as we suffer now in Anatolia, or the Palestinians suffer in their homeland. Anyone still having any trouble comprehending this - and the entirety of what I have been writing about since July 16 of this year - should be able to catch up by reading the following;

Trial to Begin for Teacher Ayşe Çelik Who Said “Don’t Let Children Die”
The trial of Ayşe Çelik, put under investigation for saying “don’t let children die” on the Beyaz Show TV programme, and her 38 supporters will be held tomorrow.
BIANET - BAGIMSIZ ILETISIM AGI

IF not, then I greatly fear you've wandered into the wrong spot in landing upon these pages - or must be one of those sent to monitor and report on the thoughts of "infidels!"
Reading the contrasting versions of Anaximander's words gives us the keys to understanding how the roots of "Western Civilization" have been corrupted with the same alien doctrines of blood and death, State terror, and the crushing of all divergence from orthodoxy... passing like a virus from "oriental" tyrannies of ancient provenance into the body politic of the west via the vector of Homo-erotic misanthropy which runs like a stain through the centuries in the form of that hidden cult to which men such as Joachim de Florence, Bruno, Bacon, Crawley and so many more of it's "culture heroes" have all belonged. And on the borderlands of that demi-monde, if not demonstrably a part of it, then certainly a kindred spirit, with his "will to power" and "ubermensch," Nietzsche - whose version of the Fragment I introduced in "Back to Beginnings- Anaximander and the roots of The Western Tradition" in contrast to Diehl's.

Nietzsche and those who believed that the "death of God" would usher in a new epoch of "superman" and new ascents for humanity were not just poor in prophetics and miserably wrong in their vision of the future, they were part of that whole impulse to destruction which has pulled down most everything of the past without succeeding in the creation of anything truly new or edifying. For Thales, Anaximander, and the bold visionaries who "invented" scientific investigation and philosophic speculation both, the febrile imaginings of 'scholars' 'poets' or 'artists' were not sufficient soil from which to grow a real culture/civilization. The rootstock for such flowerings of the human quest for unity with knowledge could only be in the soil of the divine earth - where the eternal cthonic force of Mater Megale, Mater Oreia, the Mountain Mother, would be worshiped as the true source of "Wisdom" as well as "Wealth" of the earth.
With Europa now in the last stages of that terminal decay which was detailed in the story Musings here, and Anatolia under siege from the desecrators of all culture and human kindness, it may be our last, best, chance - to heed the real voices of prophetic wisdom and authentic knowledge still stored in the words of those ancient pre-Socratics, turning course at last moment from approach to the deadly shoals of talmudic deception.

Here we return to my long-frozen draft, to continue with the train of thought begun in the first Anaximander story on these pages....
In that small quoted snippet - all that has come down to us of Anaximander's own words - we will discover much that is hidden - although right in front of our eyes all the time. And simply by comparing the two translations - that of Diehl, with that of Nietzsche - we uncover the grand divergence which manifests as a common thread throughout all of western tradition - in it's political formation, scientific methodology, and economic structure. On the one hand, as with Diehl's interpretation of the lines, we are witness to a grand agora of associations - "things," as in the material components of our world - paying and [Retribution comes from the Latin for giving back what's due, either reward or punishment] 'trading' in direct contact each with the other...
on the other hand, in Nietzsche's version, a "judgement" which by necessity imposes an outside party that intervenes between things in the theocratic style which formed the foundation of the monotheist's anti-materialism - the all powerful "God" figure which Nietzsche would ironically become best known for eschewing! The "revolutionary" "superman" of European philosophy thus falls into agreement with the tired and poisoned trail of theocrats posing as philosophers, wise men, and judges over all of us - a trail littered with the victims of madmen who deemed themselves the sole and worthy interpreters of divine directives and empiric knowledge both! We need no more of such traditions - they are the source of all that has driven us near to doom.

The connections... the trajectory between the "philosophy" of Nietzsche to the "philosophy" of Ayro-Judaic "NAZISM"... are too well known to need review here - from my story Musings. - Peladans "Comme on devient une fee" - to the comic-tragedy of "the Pink Swastika" is a well traveled and puerile road of hypocrisy and hedonism. One we see now being repeated in the latest iteration of the totalitarian TERROR STATE; where tales of the sexual abuse of children in the AKP's "Islamic" school system creep out increasingly -or did, before the destruction of all free media - and of ce ourse in the acknowledged center of gay sex and child-trafficking - Israel. The character and prescriptions of the Terror State of Mind never change through the centuries!

The sordid stain of which runs through the course of our history from the times of the Babylonian Exile to the present moment - when the entirety of the western world is run by a clique of pedophilic monsters in thrall to a kabbalistic cult that continues to dictate the fortunes - and fate - of nation states according to what is in the best interests of the talmudic Sionist entity. And what that entity has not destroyed along the way, it has hijacked and employed in the manner of smokescreen and auxiliary - so as to never need reveal it's own presence on the stage of time.
"Anaximander added two distinctive features to the concept of divinity: his Boundless is an impersonal something (or "nature," the Greek word is "phusis"), and it is not only immortal but also unborn. However, perhaps not Anaximander, but Thales should be credited with this new idea. Diogenes Laërtius ascribes to Thales the aphorism: "What is the divine? That which has no origin and no end" (DK 11A1 (36))Things arise from the "boundless," to pass some time in a state of bounded form, before leaving to once again for boundlessness.

That authentic stream of spiritual search for the divinity within and without - another, very different trail, through the course of time, has eschewed imagined sky gods for the voices and impulses within the self. A self connected to the outside world via the many manifestations of the divine on earth which mankind has discovered to be accessible to all who seek with clean heart. Boundless ourselves, in potential accession to the timeless essence of what it means to be 'alive,' as incarnated beings, we are still the chosen inheritors of the mountain top deity forces which only whispered their instructions to such acolytes as were willing to invoke the divine within themselves. If we turn back to those sources of wisdom now, it may still be possible to create in ourselves the vision of our Makers - instead of the self-destroying illusions of the Deceivers.

Regardless of to whom we might attribute the beginning form of this idea of unboundedness, there is an importance to the fact that it comes out of an area which has been confused for too long with "Greece" as a cultural entity - when in fact the part of Anatolia and the Aegean from which the Milesian School sprang is a distinct - though little known - cultural phenomena itself. That phenomena - a still to be discovered core principle of the culture I call here "Mediterro-Anatolian - is exactly where the false dihcotomies which have haunted us for millennia are put aside to be replaced by the fusion of qualities which are designed to be in harmonious interplay, rather than in opposition. Without need of inventing notions of past Golden Age, we can invoke the appearance of forces available to those of the distant past, forces sorely needed to succor us in the present.
WORDPRESS·A YEAR AGO

"We might assert in an exaggerated way, which nevertheless bears on the truth, that the fate of the West hangs on the translation of the word €OV, assuming that the translation consists in crossing over to the truth of what
comes to language in €OV."

"The disastrous events at the end of the Bronze Age led to the collapse of
the eastwards-oriented Mycenaean civilisation and severed the centuries-long ties between Greece and Western Asia. When the eastern contacts
were re-established, they were more akin to the external influences dis-cussed in Burkert’s Orientalizing Revolution than to the systemic affinity
that existed in the Bronze Age.

The situation thus created resulted in
that, rather than directly continuing their Bronze Age past, the Greeks of
the Dark and Archaic Age laid the foundations of a new civilisation, the
one known today as the civilisation of Classical Greece. The dichotomy
into ‘East’ and ‘West’ did not emerge before this development. The
Greeks themselves became aware of this dichotomy and started elaborat-ing on it ideologically only from the moment of their first confrontation
with the Persians at the end of the sixth and the beginning of the fifth centurybc. But everything points in the direction that all the materials
needed for its construction had existed long before, and in any case not
later than the eighth century bc, the time of the rise of the polis and its
characteristic institutions." Finkelberg - Greeks and Pre Greeks pg 167
On the other hand, some have pointed out that this use of "apeiron" is atypical for Greek thought, which was occupied with limit, symmetry and harmony. The Pythagoreans placed the boundless (the "apeiron") on the list of negative things, and for Aristotle, too, perfection became aligned with limit (Greek: "peras"), and thus "apeiron" with imperfection. Therefore, some authors suspect eastern (Iranian) influence on Anaximander's ideas.

Heredotus.jpg
DROPBOX·2 YEARS AGO

Anaximander added two distinctive features to the concept of divinity: his Boundless is an impersonal something (or "nature," the Greek word is "phusis"), and it is not only immortal but also unborn. However, perhaps not Anaximander, but Thales should be credited with this new idea. Diogenes Laërtius ascribes to Thales the aphorism: "What is the divine? That which has no origin and no end" (DK 11A1 (36))
Anaximander's merits do not lie in the field of observational astronomy, unlike the Babylonians and the Egyptians, but in that of speculative astronomy. We may discern three of his astronomical speculations: (1) that the celestial bodies make full circles and pass also beneath the earth, (2) that the earth floats free and unsupported in space, and (3) that the celestial bodies lie behind one another. Notwithstanding their rather primitive outlook, these three propositions, which make up the core of Anaximander's astronomy, meant a tremendous jump forward and constitute the origin of our Western concept of the universe.
Erasistratos.jpg
DROPBOX·2 YEARS AGO

He founded the Milesian school of natural philosophy, developed the scientific method, and initiated the first western enlightenment.
Milesian.jpg
DROPBOX·2 YEARS AGO

Thales was the founder of a new school of philosophy (Arist. Metaph. 983 b20). His two fellow Milesians who also engaged in the new questioning approach to the understanding of the universe, were Anaximander, his disciple (D.L. I.13), and Anaximenes, who was the disciple of Anaximander (D.L. II.2). Anaximander was about ten years younger than Thales, but survived him by only a year, dying in about 545. Anaximenes was born in 585 and died in about 528. Their lives all overlapped. Through their association they comprised the Milesian School: They all worked on similar problems, the nature of matter and the nature of change, but they each proposed a different material as the primary principle, which indicates that there was no necessity to follow the master's teachings or attribute their discoveries to him. Each proposed a different support for the earth. Thales was held in high regard for his wisdom, being acclaimed as the most eminent of the Wise Men of Ancient Greece, but he was not regarded as a god, as Pythagoras was. Anaximander and Anaximenes were free to pursue their own ideas and to express them in writing. This surely suggests that they engaged in critical discussion of the theories of each other.
The biblical texts contain two principal forms of the foundation narrative. The first is reflected in
the patriarchal narratives in Genesis, which portray an early ancestor leaving a faraway land to
settle in a new land. Although he is a foreigner in his new place of residence, this forefather
acquires a foothold in the country, gaining the respect of the local inhabitants. Over the course of
generations, his descendants populate the land and become its local inhabitants. This model
corresponds most closely to the Greek genealogical traditions of the eponymous progenitors of the Greek tribes.
"The second type is exemplified by the central Hexateuchal narrative—namely, the Exodus from
Egypt and the conquest of Canaan. According to this model, a large group of settlers migrates to a
new country, and their settlement is achieved via warfare and dispossession of the native
population. The closest Greek analogy to this type is found in the traditions regarding the migration of the Dorians and the return of the Heraclids to the southern Peloponnese."

The Origins of the Foundation Stories Genre in the
Hebrew Bible and Ancient Eastern Mediterranean
Guy Darshan

Greek stories similarly speak of a wandering forefather who, at an early point in time, arrives
from a distant place and settles in a location whose inhabitants will later bear his name. The account of Xuthus—son of Hellen, brother of Dorus and Aeolus, and grandson of Deucalion, the hero of the Greek Flood myth—exhibits precisely this pattern. According to the Catalogue of Women and other Greek genealogical traditions, Xuthus was the father of the Ionians and Achaeans, having begotten Ion and Achaeus through Creusa, daughter of the Athenian king.
The analogy between the Dorian and Israelite accounts is particularly striking in light of the fact that archaeological and historical evidence attests that the settlement of both in their own land was not accomplished through massive military campaign against local populace but via a gradual spreading and the occupation of deserted and long-abandoned sites. This suggests that the parallelism is not a function of similar historical circumstances but of literary and conceptual patterns.+
LikeShare

1 Comment

Maestro Maestro Maestro Maestro

Re: Physis and Techne - Resolution of False Dichotomies

This post was updated on .
The Pre-Socratics tackled the fundamental problems that the universe presented itself as, and never let go of them.  The philosophers that followed, Aristotle and Plato chief among them, assumed that they had true knowledge of the basic nature of the universe, and proceeded to build great edifices of words and concepts above this illusion, without any real solid foundation to support them.

Post-Aristotelian and post-Platonic thought is the bankers' fiat money's equivalent in philosophy, consisting of the peddling of wares (words and concepts that pick out things that actually exist instead of mere illusions) that do not exist in reality.

This lack of presumptuousness informing their unwavering focus on the real issues yet to be solved is what really distinguishes the Pre-Socratic philosophers from those that followed them.  This also explains why the modern world prefers the original impostors Aristotle and Plato to Anaximander and Thales.  (I never understood why they killed Socrates; not anymore than why 60 million human beings killed each other in WWIII just because Hitler and Churchill said "jump!"  Because Socrates was on the right track perhaps, going in the opposite direction, when he said, 'all I know is that I know nothing.'?)

Before you can point to the Boundless and know and say that This is the Boundless, you must be able to distinguish the Boundless from everything else that is not the Boundless.  This requires that the Boundless be the OPPOSITE of what the Boundless is, that the Boundless have boundaries.  In order for the Boundless (Apeiron) to exist, in order for the Boundless to be known, it must transmogrify itself into its opposite Peras!

Literally EVERYTHING consists of the fundamental subject-predicate pair 'I know' followed by all the things and thoughts populating the universe, or the set of all things extant.  This is the atomic form of the known, and only possible, universe.  Everything that we feel, think and experience merely consists of additional items grafted to this fundamental node.

Having thus had their intellectual institution hit the rocks of reality and torn asunder upon the unassailable reefs of truth, most men continued to 'go West, young man,' instead of turning back from the illusory road to perdition.

For the impossibility of Apeiron also entails the illusoriness and non-existence in reality of Peras itself!  How can the limited or Peras exist where the unbounded Apeiron does not, to help set off the limits and boundaries of the Peras by virtue of its juxtaposition?

The examination of Apeiron and Peras leads to the extinguishment of both.  For both Apeiron and Peras posit each other as a necessary premise and constituent of their very own existence [and not just for purposes of mere delineation or distinguishment to render them observable] whereas their opposite natures are wholly incompatible and exclusive of the other.

You cannot mix Apeiron and Peras without destroying both.  But, with either absent from the mix, both disappear.

Mankind has continued to erect the proverbial Tower of Babel ever since the beginning of written history at least, without ANY foundation to support it.  Dichotomy presupposes unity and vice versa.  Therefore both are FALSE since incapable of existing independently of the other.

Like the tusks and the trunk of an elephant which cannot exist without the elephant.

Philosophy is the continual denial of the elephant in the room.

I don't know what to say anymore.